As professional framers aiming to offer the highest standards of bespoke framing we are proud to offer our customers a level of assurance beyond that offered by the vast majority of most picture framers.
We understand that items brought for framing sometimes are of a nominal monetary value but great sentimental value, please be assured that we treat every single item with the same amount of care and respect irrespective of its financial value.
While scenarios of damage and loss are extremely unlikely, our artwork care cover offers limited remedy for damage to/loss of your artwork/items left in our care for framing.
IMPORTANT: Only items and artworks meeting our conditions will qualify to be covered by our artwork care insurance.
If in doubt, you should ensure that important items brought for framing are fully covered by your own insurance company, that insurance should include fire, theft, accidental damage AND process cover.
If Brampton Framing was to lose, part damage or damage your artwork whilst it is in our care, the companie's liability and remedy shall be limited in line with these terms and conditions, please read them carefully.
- Stated value - The £ value of the item recorded at the point the order is placed. Our liability is limited to the items value recorded at the point of sale. The stated value should be realistic and reflect the items condition when brought in for framing. Further to this, should the need to claim arise, proof of the items value will be required by us/our insurance compnay, such as purchase receipt or professional valuation. Under no circumstances will we pay-out more than the items recorded value.
- The maximum stated value we will insure is £2500, if your item is worth more than £2500, you should either:
a. Ensure your item is fully covered by your own insurance while it is left with us.
b. Speak to us about us increasing our insurance cover for the period of time your item is with us. N.B. there would be a cost to this.
- Remedy in the case of damage or total Loss
You agree that in the case of damage or loss, our total liability is limited to the stated value of the item recorded at the point the order is placed.
If restoration is a viable option, we will try to source a suitable restorer and will fund restoration up to the value £250 (where the item is below £250) or up to the items stated value (to a maximum of £2500). If restoration is not an option due to the nature of the item/damage we will make a payment to you up to the stated value.
In the case of total loss, we will pay out up to the items stated value only once we and our insurance compnay have satisfactory proof to substantiate the stated value, i.e. receipt and/or a professional valuation.
The items condition report will be required by the insurance company, the items condition at the time it was brought for framing will affect is valuation, if your item had any damage or issues when initially brough to us, the valuation may be reduced.
In the unlikely event of damage or total loss we will seek remedy, the remedy will very much depend on the item and the exact situation.
|Item||Damaged whilst in our care||Total loss whilst in our care|
|Oil Painting||Specialist restoration up to £250 or item's stated value (if higher).||Payment up to item's stated value|
|Work on Paper||Specialist restoration up to £250 or item's stated value (if higher).||Payment up to item's stated value|
|Re-printable Photograph||Reprint, up to item's value||Reprint, up to item's stated value|
|Old Photograph, no negative available||Specialist restoration up to £250 or item's stated value (if higher).||Payment up to item's stated value|
|Open Edition Print/Limited Edition Print||Specialist restoration up to £250 or item's stated value (if higher).||Purchase replacement up to the item's stated value (if publisher has sold out we will payout up to the item's stated value). We will not source prints on the open market.|
|Fabric/Needlework||Specialist restoration up to £250 or item's stated value (if higher).||Payment up to item's stated value|
|Other Items/Objects||Specialist restoration up to £250 or item's stated value (if higher).||Payment up to item's stated value|
If we pay out the full amount insured for an item, we will then own it and the right to take possession of it.
The framing must meet the following qualifying conditions to benefit from the Artwork Care Insurance cover:
- Must be brough to us in person not sent via mail order.
- Must have a condition report entered on our system when the item is brought in for framing.
- The value of the item must be discussed and a realistic valuation recorded at the point the order is placed, be it of negligible value, sentimental or commercial value. Please note that in the event of a claim against the Artwork Care Insurance, our insurance company will require the customer to provide proof of the stated value in the form of the the original purchase receipt or a professional valuation.
- The item is valued at no more than £2500 . For items valued over £2500 you should ensure that you are covered by your own insurance.
- We may be able to provide insurance cover for items of higher values while in our care, but this has to be discussed up front and a fee to cover our insurance will be applicable .